Department Of Sociology
- Department of Sociology welcomes you all.
- The department, established in the latter half 1980s (1988-89) under the affiliation of Calcutta University, offering General course (Undergraduate), obtained a much higher status in 1995, when Sociology Honours course was introduced. Since then it has been producing socially and intellectually sound students, who are not only competent enough to secure good marks in University Examinations but also to establish themselves in various sectors and professions in present days.
- Presently the Department as part of the college is affiliated to West Bengal State University and possesses the intake capacity of 30 students in the Honours stream and 200 students in the General stream.
- The Department at present runs successfully with the help of Four Faculty members, who share a cordial and friendly relationship with the students as well as all other academic and non-teaching staff.
- Sociology Department always focuses on interactive teaching-learning process through the help of organizing seminars, quiz contests, discussions etc.
- The Department of Sociology always aims to bridge the gap between knowledge production and practical application by linking theory and practice in a successful manner.